Wednesday, June 1, 2011

Crazy Year!

Only four more days left of the school year and then I'm done! Sorry I haven't posted recently but I have been crazy insanely busy. I thought today's topic should be expectations. We all have them, of ourselves and others. Personally, I expect myself to be perfect 24/7 and never screw up. If you don't lower your expectations you may live your entire life in dispointment! Personally I have a horse trainer who expects me to give up every other aspect of my life to ride and I'm not sure I'm ready for that. Everyone screws up, it's natural get used to it, because it's going to happen again. Life is a series of mistakes that somehow end up working out.
One of my favorite sayings, that hangs on the wall of my room is: "Our greatest glory is not in never falling, but in rising every time we fall."- Confucius
I love this saying because it goes to show that life isn't about never messing up, it's about recovering from those mistakes. From riding i've learned thatit doesn't matter how many mistakes you make because there will always be another one, and also no matter how badly you mess up if everyone gets up and walks away safely then you can put it behind you.
If you fall short of someone's expectations thats their fault not yours. You just have to live your life and hope for the best. Some things are beyond your control. This is a lesson I learned well the other weekend, when my entire show team was counting on me to beat this one girl, and my horse ended up falling over on me during our round. We were both fine, so I learned that some things you have to let go and leave behind you.
One of my quotes that I said to one of my friends in a moment of shear awesomeness is "I never make the same mistake twice, each of my mistakes is invidual and original thank you very much!" I like this quote because it relates to the idea that we just have to keep moving forward.
And finally I'd just like to leave you with this one final quote:
"Promise me you'll always remember: You're braver than you believe, and stronger than you seem and smarter than you think." Christopher Robin to Winnie the Pooh.

No comments:

Post a Comment